Hoffman House Restaurant
Catering and Banquet Facility
SERVING THE ROCKFORD COMMUNITY SINCE 1958!
Whatever the occasion – weddings, reunions, seminars, or annual dinners – Hoffman House will make that extra effort to ensure your function is a truly enjoyable and memorable event.
Our Banquet & Catering staff takes great pride in offering you and your guests excellent food and service in a warm, friendly atmosphere.
Hoffman House provides a vast selection of entrées and options for your function. All menus can be fully customizable to fit your specific needs or requirements.
When selecting more than one entrée, please arrange to provide place cards indicating the entrée selection for your guests.
All price quotes in our menus are current, however they are subject to change sixty (60) days prior to the date of your event in order to adjust to changing market costs. Refer to your sales contract for details.
A preliminary count is to be reported two weeks prior to the event date. Hoffman House will require your confirmation of the minimum guaranteed number of guests attending at least seventy two (72) hours before your function. You may continue to add to your count everyday thereafter. All charges will be based on the guaranteed minimum or actual number of guests attending, whichever is greater.
Deposits and Cancellation
All events require a deposit in order to secure the function space on a definite basis. This deposit is credited to your account at the conclusion of your event. Deposits are non-refundable. Initial deposit equal to 25% of the estimated total for the event is due within two weeks of placing a hold on a date for your event. A 3% credit card processing fee applies to all credit card payments.
Your payment for the minimum guarantee must be made by credit or debit card at least 72 hours prior to your function, with the exception of wedding receptions, payment is due at least 1 (one) week prior. The 3% credit card processing fee will be waived for final payments totaling less than $1000. Hoffman House accepts cash, cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Company checks must be pre-approved by Hoffman House’s Accounting Office 3-business days prior to the event. Payment of the estimated bill is due 72 hours prior to the event date on all wedding receptions.
Your Function Agreement
At least three (3) weeks prior to your function, our Banquet & Catering Coordinator will contact you to complete a Function Agreement listing all your specific requirements and your estimated guest count. A copy of the completed Function Agreement will be mailed for you to review, sign and return. Hoffman House must receive a signed copy of the function agreement at least seventy two (72) hours, prior to your function.
Room charges are $300. Functions extending past the booked departure time will have a staff charge applied.
Your guest pay for their own drinks
You pay for your guests’ drinks
You pay by the hour based on the guaranteed number of guests and specified period of time
Service Charge and Taxes
A twenty percent (20%) service charge and applicable state and local taxes will be added to all menu prices. Groups requesting tax exemptions must submit current acceptable documentation of their tax exempt status prior to their function.
Rules Governing Use
- Hoffman House facilities may not be used in any manner which violates federal, state or local laws or Hoffman House policies stated herein.
- All liquor consumed on the premises must be purchased from Hoffman House.
- No one under the age of twenty-one (21) may be served or may consume alcoholic beverages on the premises.
- All food consumed on the premises must be purchased from Hoffman House with the exception of the wedding cake from a licensed baker.
- To minimize the risk of food borne illnesses due to the improper handling of food items, guests/customers will not be permitted to remove leftover food items from the premises with the exception of the wedding cake.
- Decorations may not be taped, tacked, nailed or otherwise affixed to any part of the building. Sand weights, confetti, rice or similar materials may not be used in or outside of the building, unless provisions are made to pay for additional costs of cleaning up such materials at the time the function is booked.
- The party booking a function assumes full responsibility for any loss of damages caused by function attendees.
- In the event that a function is to have audio entertainment, Hoffman House reserves the right to control sound levels to ensure that they are not objectionable to other Hoffman House patrons. If an entertainer refuses to comply with Hoffman House instructions regarding sound levels, Hoffman House reserves the right to terminate the entertainer’s performance.
- Hoffman House will not assume responsibility for any equipment or articles left unattended on its premises.
If a group’s attendance increases or decreases, or reserved banquet rooms or other facilities cannot be made available for any reason, Hoffman House reserves the right to substitute rooms and facilities. Such substitutions will constitute full performance by Hoffman House under this agreement. Hoffman House will not be responsible if, for any reasons beyond its control, acts of God, etc., it is unable to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement.